‘No reason’ why ban on naming Kevin Lunney attacker should remain, State tells court

It would be “everyone’s preference” if the law to keep the identity of a YZ man – who was jailed for 30 years for robbery and torture of Quinn Industrial Holdings CEO Kevin Lunney – removed “soon”, the government said. court of Appeal Friday.

‘YZ’ seriously injured Mr Lunney, including knife wounds to the face and waist, after he was robbed at his home in Co Fermanagh on September 17, 2019, but was not identified because he was due to be charged. another court when the case began

Although the Supreme Court dismissed Lunney’s case before the Supreme Court, YZ’s lawyers argued that the ban on naming should remain the same because their client is still facing litigation in a number of courts.

You have been judged

On December 20, Lunney’s case came to an end when Justice Tony Hunt sentenced YZ to 30 years in prison for torture and imprisonment on false pretenses.

He pleaded not guilty to one count of false imprisonment and intentionally injuring Mr Lunney in Drumbrade, Ballinagh, Co Cavan, on September 17, 2019.

Two defendants – Alan O’Brien (40), of Shelmalier Road in East Wall, Dublin, and Darren Redmond (27) of Caledon Road in East Wall, Dublin – were arrested for 25 and 15 years respectively for their public service. case.

The ban on YZ’s name was due to expire on the day Justice Hunt sentenced the three men.

However, it was extended until January 18 by Justice Charles Meehan following a request from YZ’s attorney, Michael O’Higgins SC, in the Supreme Court.

Unknown system

The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) rejected the motion to extend the anonymity order, saying Lunney’s case was over and YZ should be mentioned “correctly”.

On Friday, Sean Guerin SC, of ​​the DPP, told the Court of Appeals that it was unlikely that the YZ regional court would start soon and that there was no reason to identify him.

Ireland

Three men convicted in Kevin Lunney’s case have been arrested for …

Guerin advised Justice Court President George Birmingham that YZ had been involved in a number of cases in various courts, the first of which was due to begin in July.

In other cases, Guerin added, he is not expected to start the “calendar year”.

Regarding the length of time it would take for all anti-YZ cases to be finalized, counselors said it would be better if an anonymous law be repealed “soon”.

Justice Birmingham agreed to hear the case on Friday, January 21, after asking both sides for further information.


Original Article reposted fromSource link

Disclaimer: The website autopost contents from credible news sources and we are not the original creators. If we Have added some content that belongs to you or your organization by mistake, We are sorry for that. We apologize for that and assure you that this won’t be repeated in future. If you are the rightful owner of the content used in our Website, please mail us with your Name, Organization Name, Contact Details, Copyright infringing URL and Copyright Proof (URL or Legal Document) aT spacksdigital @ gmail.com

I assure you that, I will remove the infringing content Within 48 Hours.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World News

L’air gapping dans le cloud : buzz ou nécessité ?

L’espace d’air devient de plus en plus courant dans l’industrie de la protection des données, de la sauvegarde et de la reprise après sinistre (DR). Vou trouverez beaucoup de contenu à ce sujet et vous entendrez des experts en cybersécurité le recommander – de manière presque agressive. Cela ressemble à du battage matidiatique, mais l’est-il? […]

Read More
World News

Residents near Trentham, Upper Hutt, fire told to prepare to leave

Firefighters have brought until control a 2 hectare scrub fire in Upper Hutt’s Trentham, where residents were preparing to evacuate. A third helicopter is a route to help douse the flames before dark. Fire and Emergency had been battling the fire since 3.30pm, including bringing in two helicopters with monsoon buckets to douse the flames. […]

Read More
World News

Bericht: Lager von Donald Trump wollte Wahlmaschinen beschlagnahmen

According to a US media report, Trump’s allies planned to send troops in the run-up to the by-elections – to collect ballot papers. After the defeat of the election of Donald Trump In November 2020, the White House reportedly signed a presidential decree ordering the U.S. military to seize all voting machines in the country. […]

Read More