Death Toll Rises in Afghanistan’s Paktika Province After Earthquake


The death toll from Tuesday’s earthquake in Afghanistan’s Paktika Province had risen to more than 1,1000, a senior official told the Anadolu Agency on Thursday, June 23. Abdul Wahid Rayan, a senior Taliban official and director general of state-run Bakhtar News Agency , said at least 1,600 people had been wounded after the 5.9 magnitude earthquake hit a remote region in the east of the country. Tolo also reported the toll was around 1,100 people. Khalid Zadran, Kabul’s police spokesman, said the earthquake had destroyed over 2,500 homes in the Khost and Paktika provinces. Homes were destroyed across the Pakistani districts of Gayan, Naki, Barmal, and Ziruk, and the Khost district of Spera, according to the country’s disaster management agency. This video posted by Abdul Wahid Rayan shows damaged building in Paktika province. Credit: Bakhtar News Agency via Storyful


Original Article reposted fromSource link

Disclaimer: The website autopost contents from credible news sources and we are not the original creators. If we Have added some content that belongs to you or your organization by mistake, We are sorry for that. We apologize for that and assure you that this won’t be repeated in future. If you are the rightful owner of the content used in our Website, please mail us with your Name, Organization Name, Contact Details, Copyright infringing URL and Copyright Proof (URL or Legal Document) aT spacksdigital @ gmail.com

I assure you that, I will remove the infringing content Within 48 Hours.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.