2021 cattle exports back 17% overall on 2019 levels


The total number of cattle exported from Ireland in 2021, has dropped by 17% or more 50,500 head compared to external figures for 2019.

According to Bord Bia’s Export Performance and Prospects Report 2021-2022, rising cattle prices in the domestic market made it difficult for all breeds of Irish cattle to compete in major export markets.

Although the number of cattle exported in 2021 has returned to levels by 2019 and 2020, the total value of live cattle sales has risen sharply to € 157 million – an 18% increase from 2020, according to Bord Bia .

Source: Edge Beer

As the chart above shows, 2019 was a strong year in selling Irish cattle with more than 200,000 calves exported in 2019 compared to more than 141,000 calves exported in 2021.

For the second year in a row, Spain is Ireland’s largest cattle market, accounting for about 41% of total cattle sales.

Interestingly, the report states that there has been a great deal of interest in dairy cows from dairy cows in the Spanish market in recent years where they will be used extensively in cattle production.

These dairy cows accounted for 60% of their export sales by 2021, while the remaining 40% were dairy cows, according to the report.

The Netherlands was Ireland’s second largest bull market in 2021, accounting for 36% of total cattle sales.

Calves are usually dairy cows that are bred to produce cows.

There was a strong increase in the number of stores and large herds exported in 2021 and this was largely due to the large number of cattle exported to Northern Ireland.

Importance from Northern Ireland had a profound effect on Irish cattle sales in 2021, particularly in cattle ranches for future and finalized stocks.


Original Article reposted fromSource link

Disclaimer: The website autopost contents from credible news sources and we are not the original creators. If we Have added some content that belongs to you or your organization by mistake, We are sorry for that. We apologize for that and assure you that this won’t be repeated in future. If you are the rightful owner of the content used in our Website, please mail us with your Name, Organization Name, Contact Details, Copyright infringing URL and Copyright Proof (URL or Legal Document) aT spacksdigital @ gmail.com

I assure you that, I will remove the infringing content Within 48 Hours.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World News

Residents near Trentham, Upper Hutt, fire told to prepare to leave

Firefighters have brought until control a 2 hectare scrub fire in Upper Hutt’s Trentham, where residents were preparing to evacuate. A third helicopter is a route to help douse the flames before dark. Fire and Emergency had been battling the fire since 3.30pm, including bringing in two helicopters with monsoon buckets to douse the flames. […]

Read More
World News

Bericht: Lager von Donald Trump wollte Wahlmaschinen beschlagnahmen

According to a US media report, Trump’s allies planned to send troops in the run-up to the by-elections – to collect ballot papers. After the defeat of the election of Donald Trump In November 2020, the White House reportedly signed a presidential decree ordering the U.S. military to seize all voting machines in the country. […]

Read More
World News

Woman injured in car crash with Arnold Schwarzenegger (PHOTOS)

The Hollywood star and former California governor allegedly flashed a red light and crashed his GMC Yukon SUV into a red Toyota Prius. The raid took place around 4:30 pm at Sunset Boulevard and Allenford Avenue and was said to have affected two other vehicles. The photographer was shown at the scene of the accident, […]

Read More